Thursday, September 4, 2008

Introductions

I am a recovering fine arts major who has recently taken the leap to the Individualized Major Program at IU. I hope to cater my studies to my goal of working as an artist for games or film, which I have been inspired to do since I first saw Terminator 2 as a kid. I have drawn for as long as I can remember, and recently fell in love with 3D modelling as well. I am not always the person with the seed of an idea, but I work well at helping to cultivate and artistically represent ideas with other people.

Aesthetically, I favor the creepy and the futuristic, and would love to work on monsters and villains. My inspirations include Adam Jones (both his music and his artwork), H. P. Lovecraft, Phillip K. Dick, Grant Morrison's The Invisibles, Warren Ellis' Transmetropolitan, and many others. I am not, of course, entirely limited to what my favored personal style is, and have spent plenty of time honing my more traditional art skills (that is, drawing from models and still life setups) as a fine arts person. Being that I intend to work with others, I aim for flexibility. I work mainly in charcoal for my drawings, though I sketch on a smaller scale in ink. Also, when I have access to a darkroom I am an avid photographer with a huge love for portraiture.

I have access only to a weak digital camera and I fear that my big charcoal drawings will ruin IU's lovely and expensive scanners, but I will do my best to post images of artwork as it comes along. If nothing else, I love writing as well and can be counted on to do plenty of that.

No comments: