Thursday, September 4, 2008

Idea post


This is an image of a sketch I did yesterday for a villain-type creature. I was thinking at the time about an event in Transmetropolitan where there is an uprising of characters called transients. These are people who are so dissatisfied with their human selves that they have chosen to be genetically altered to match our notion of the "grey alien" (X-files style). The rebellion does not work, but I imagined a cross-world in which it did, and they were given power instead of being spit on. I combined this with a sense of fairy tale villainy to make this mutated creature. With more time, I would have made his chair into a throne and worked on his costume, but this is the idea.

(My apologies for the picture quality, but I am without a digital camera and am at the mercy of anyone who will let me borrow theirs.)

No comments: